Welcome to the new Draft Animal-Power Website
I would like to welcome you to the newly designed Draft Animal Power website. We have worked to develop a site that combines both draftanimalpower.com and draftanimalpowernetwork.org into one centralized website. If you are currently a forum user your user account is still the same but you will have to reset your password. You can reset your password by clicking HERE and retrieving a new password. If you have any issues with your account please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Advancing the practical application
of draft animal-power…
Welcome to the Draft Animal-Power Network (DAPNet)
- DAPNet Online Forum: An international forum that provides connections, help and support for and from others who use draft animals in their daily lives.
- Draft Animal Power Field Days: Scheduled for September 28 & 29, 2013 at the Orleans County Fairgrounds in Barton, Vermont. Workshops and presentations will cover a wide variety of topics relating to oxen, mules and horses, their care, training and use. A track on Animal-Powered Market Gardening will be of great benefit to those seeking to expand their skills in organic production. Featured presenter Doc Hammill will demonstrate starting a draft horse in harness. A vast array of other topics will offer plenty of inspiration for novices and experienced teamsters alike.
- Our free eNewsletter contains information about upcoming events of interest and important information for members. Sign up here!
- Quarterly Newsletter: Tips & tidbits from the online forum as well as unique articles, a calendar of upcoming events and classified ads fill the pages of our quarterly newsletter. A significant portion of our membership are not online and they value this resource that connects them with the organization.
- Regional Educational Events: These events cover a wide variety of topics in various formats and are offered across the northeastern US. Past events include Logging Workshops, Plow Clinics and Driving Basics classes.
The goal of the Draft Animal-Power Network is to provide year-round educational and networking opportunities, highlighting ongoing efforts of people throughout the region who are educating, mentoring and building community around animal-power and renewable land use.
Our mission: Advancing the use of draft animals and promoting sustainable land stewardship by providing resource connections and shared learning opportunities while building community.
Thanks for your interest, have a look around, and welcome to DAPNet!
DAPNet Address: 509 Dutton Brook Lane, Brownington, Vermont 05860 Phone: 802-763-0771